Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Time to mow the doughnuts

It rained most of the weekend... I was able to mow the front part of the lawn but just as I was moving on to the next section, it began to rain. I had to run to the Regional meeting anyway, so I showered and hoped it would stop by the time I returned. It did not stop. I moved on to other non-lawn related tasks and figured I would have to finish the cutting on Monday. I hate mowing during the week, I come home wiped out and then have to jump into grass cutting mode. I was not thrilled but I psyched myself up to do it... but my plans were dashed when I got home from picking up the boys from Kids Care to find the mate was out. The boys really wanted to go into the pool and I can not cut grass *AND* insure my legal requirement of a minimum level of safety for them. Damn! The mate called and could come home or stop to get yummy chinese food for dinner... I had to choose, mow the lawn or have a yummy chinese food dinner. I had to make a choice and chinese food won.

I have a meeting tonight so my next opportunity to cut the grass will be Wednesday.

No comments: